Monday, December 11, 2006

Coo and Riku!

Loitering around my neighbourhood (Nishi Funabashi ) one sunny afternoon I came across this store..
"Coo & Riku"..any guesses for what kinda store this was??!!!
Clue: I went "yippeeeee...thooooo cuuuuuteeeeeeee"
If you know me you must have guessed by now ...was a pet store :)
"Coo & Riku".


Coo = kitten, Riku = pup in jap..I guess..it could be vice versa but I go with this cos "Coooo" sounds cuter..(I am slightly biased towards kittens you see)
Was totally thrilled...cos when I went in ..I had to deal with cute overload :)
I was giddy..did'nt know where to look..ahh..the feeling of ecstasy....For people who are NOT animal freaks this may sound like a lot of nautanki(drama)..but trust me..to be able to feel that way when seeing kittens and pups..you need to have come to earth with a loot of "good karma"..yeah people keep praying..maybe next time..
Check these pics..
It was bad too see them caged..One would just want to free them all and take them home..but check out the cost of owning them!!
I guess I would have to sell my soul to the devil to have enough money to buy them all..
50,000Yen for this kitty..Yappaaaaaa!

I swear this one was telling me "take me take me"..che :(










The curious one..







Duh!!!






Awwwwwwwwww...










Dopey..eh?









This was my favorite one..cos it was the most retarded looking :)






My bonding with animals started decades ago..I believe as a toddler I never ever used to try to talk..no goo goo gaa gaaa...so my folks thought I had some serious speaking disabilities (now they wish that was the case!)..
One fine day when a kitty walked past my sight..that was it..finally broke my silence ...went on and on and on...blabbering uncontrollably with excitement ..to the delight of my parents.. :)
Will write about all my cats some other time...thats yet another long story.

So anyone interested in exporting pups (breed kantri) from India to japan?? Am sure it would get to be very veryyyy lucrative :)

13 comments:

Raj said...

I love the photos

Sandy said...

din't u flick a black cat from a cage there, hide it in ur bag n elope?? n ofcourse name him ramprasad or what was that cat of urs called ? i forgot..

Deee said...

huch lakshmana :) how could you forget his NAME? its all about the name :)

Ravi said...

instead of being a technical writer you should be a travel and photo journalist ! You capture the essence of the moment very well. Those animals are really very cute !

Deee said...

Thanx Ravi :) I should seriously contemplate a career shift..

AniShan said...

around 500$(US currency)..not bad at all..worth buying...i second sandhya's opinion,the name takes the cake..huch lakshmana...haaa haaa

Unknown said...

What a scandal!!!! Local chintus and mintus being paraded as Russian and Persian maal. Tut tut... che che..

And Dee Pls don't do career shift to this field. There is the danger of SPCA,CUPA & other animal rights activists coming down on you if they find out how you smother them with hugs & kisses..

Already they have got wind of how your harassed cat tried to hang himself from the clothesline for being named such.

Kirthi said...

Hey dee those photos are cho chweeet...

Adi said...

yo deeps.... no new posts?


cute pix

Deee said...

Settling back in Bangalore Adi..gimme some time :)

Ash said...

Good to see you with ur kith and kin... Doubts yella clear aaythama :)

Vc said...

Yappa carreer shift ..psst do they know that you hardly work and you dont even know how to pretend to be working.. Le anne marie do i tell them about all your cat stories the dogs and the cats ..poone and huccha and Road Romeo and poopie..do i? can i?
may be i should .. alva...

Enigma said...

aww i loved teh photos